Sunday 6 May 2012

The Selby League - Archery

The Selby League - Archery

Every year for the outdoor season, clubs are invited to submit their best scores to the Selby League - like a football league competition for archery clubs.

For compound, recurve and barebow, The shoot is a Short Metric, which is 3 dozen arrows at 50 metres on an 80cm target (10 zone scoring) and a further 36 arrows on the same size target at 30 metres. It's a longbow shoot as well, but they do 4 dozen - 2 dozen (at 80 yards and 60 yards respectively - I think!). Maximum possible score is 720.

The top 3 scores for both (longbow and the rest) are sent off to the league as a total score.

It's a bit difficult finding out much information about this league, so I do need to ask a club member to be sure I have got this right, but it was a good shoot this afternoon, my first and I scored a total of 314. Bearing in mind that I've just changed my string (from 18 to 16 strand) and haven't shot these distances before, then it's a start - and I will do better next time when I hope it won't be so blooming cold.

Many of us were dressed up in 4 or 5 layers of clothing for much of the afternoon - I was pleasantly warm after just a couple of ends.

June 2012 Update - my latest score is 342 (with not-so-good arrows). And it was much warmer!
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment